Thursday, March 12, 2020

Birthday Interview



We did Leah’s preschool screening this morning, and the first question they asked her was how old she was and she confidently answered, “TWO!” but that’s kind of on us, since we’re not having her party til tomorrow and haven’t been emphasizing her birthday, which was yesterday. Anyway, I thought it would be a good time to try out the birthday interview. She's so verbal that I was surprised how many of these answers are super confusing! But she did the whole thing in one go and was impressed with me typing her answers. We'd do a few questions and then she'd say, "Now it's my turn," and she'd pretend to type a little bit.
1.            How old are you? Two. Are you sure? I’m not 3 anymore.
2.            What is your favorite color? Orange.
3.            What is your favorite toy? Frosty. 
4.            What is your favorite game? Bubble bath, the baby game is called bubble bath. (Nana Jana got her this as a gift for her birthday.)
5.            What is your favorite song? Ummmmm, it’s called when you’re kidding. (she then proceeded to sing me a song. I'm pretty sure she made it up on the spot since I'd never heard it before)
6.            What is your favorite animal? Ummmmm, mmummm, orange peacocks. 
7.            What is your favorite book? Pete the Cat. I love my white shoes.
8.            What is your favorite thing to watch on TV? Daniel Tiger.
9.            What is your favorite thing to eat? It’s called chili.
10.         Where is your favorite place to go? The zoo.
11.         Who is your best friend? It’s called Levi (her cousin!)
12.         What is something you learned last year when you were 2? Do my game. What game? My bubble game. The toy. (This is the one mentioned in question #4.)
13.         What is something you'll learn now that you're 3? Um, um, um, go to school.
14.         What is hard for you to do? Um, Frosty song.  
15.         What is your favorite thing to do? Play a little game with James. Like what? Video game with James! (She and James play together all the time - usually dinosaurs. I couldn't think of what she might be talking about, then I remembered that I'd given her the controller once when James was playing a video game.) 
16.         What do you like about Mama? Um when you tell me a bedtime story, when I’m scared a do that.
17.         What do you like about Dada? When he gets me a story.
18.         What do you like about James? When he gets happy about asking me a question.
19.         What do you like about Amelie? When she stops peeking me orange peacocks. (????) 
20.         What do you like about yourself? Walking away.
21.         What do you want to be when you grow up? A story, tell a story.


No comments:

Post a Comment