Thursday, February 27, 2020

Dentist

The kids and I want to the dentist yesterday for our six month cleaning. (Rescheduled from earlier in the month when we had the flu.) Leah and I went in the morning while the big kids were at school, and then I picked Amelie and James up at the end of the day and went back.

Leah had her first visit at nearly 3, and she did so amazingly wonderfully unbelievably great! First, She sat patiently and quietly in the chair in the corner of the room while I had my appointment and cleaning. She came over for a minute to watch me, and then went back to her chair to color, and just charmed the pants off the hygienist and the dentist. Then, when it came time for her appointment, she hopped up in the chair, slapped those glasses on her face (upside down), and opened her mouth wide. She followed every single instruction and was so cooperative. Praise from the hygienist was effusive. Like a unicorn. Or a miracle. I wouldn’t believe it except that I saw it in person.

Which makes it all the more sad that our insurance is changed and after 12 years with this practice, we need to look for another dentist!

Here are some pictures:




Edited to add (and I can't believe I forgot to put this!) but while I was busy with paperwork, Leah asked not one but two random folks in the waiting room to read her a picture book, and they obliged!



No pictures of James, but he wound up with two cavities, the first ones the kids have had. We’ve redoubled efforts to get him up in the AM to make sure he’s brushing before school. He was mortally offended that he didn’t get to pick a prize at the end. (Possibly because the prizes are for the no cavity club, and possibly because they just forgot since Amelie and Leah weren’t offered one either.)

No comments:

Post a Comment