Sunday, March 29, 2020

Quarantine Weekend One

Okay, here are a bunch of random photos from our first weekend sheltering in place (this is last weekend - I'm one weekend behind) - leaving only to go on family walks (maintaining 6 feet of distance) and to the grocery store (like I said, much less frequently than before - at least a week between trips).

When we told him to get ready for the walk on Saturday, James exclaimed, obviously very disappointed, "But it's the WEEKEND."

I had a conversation with my next-door neighbor where she called Amelie a "hippie child" (and that wasn't even when she was wearing this outfit - it was just in relation to her constantly collecting and examining nature).


Amelie has been walking the dog some.

Here's Sam and Leah attending Zoom church on the laptop.

Oh, that's just a first grader reading Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing. James did an online photo scavenger hunt earlier in the day - that's his list on the arm of the couch.

Family walk / album cover:

They stuffed pillows up the backs of their shirts to be turtles, and after a bit of that, they did this - Yertle the Turtle pile.

The kids also built this puppet theater and there were several different iterations of actors and audiences. Here's James doing his bit:

Amelie putting on a show for Leah and Sam:

 Slightly blurry, but so sweet - James helping Leah while Spark comes around the corner.

Leah being goofy with her bear hat and squishy ball. 

James made this tower out of batteries that need to be recycled and insisted that we take a photo:

Sam finished his work-from-home setup.


Leah found this bright spot of yellow.

Since I wasn't in any of the weekend pictures, I had to take a selfie (not really). I've been drying my hair in a t-shirt when I want it to be curly because the internet told me to and it seems to be working, and then since I'm not going to work or church or anything, it amused me to put on a tie-dye shirt to match my tie-dye hair t-shirt. (I made both of them myself - one was 9 years ago!)

(Mostly) dry curly hair:

No comments:

Post a Comment