Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Hermann

We took a quick trip to Hermann for my coworker's small wedding before the lockdowns (back when the kids were still in school and the library was still open). Sam had a shaving mishap and took off his beard and mustache for the first time in 9 years. The kids for some inexplicable reason started calling him "Bob," and I have to admit they were more gracious than I was, because I laughed at his naked baby face! He's grown it out to stubble and we're all more used to it now. Anyway, here we are:

We stayed at a small bed and breakfast called the Wohlt House, built in 1884.


Overall, it was quite comfortable. The host/owner Judy was very nice and she made a wonderful big breakfast the next morning.  There was some kitschy art on our wall:

Here’s the room:

And the enormous, nice bathroom. I strongly suspect that it used to be a bedroom in the original floor plan. The floors were painted hardwood.

We were looking for the venue and then I saw the faces of the bride and groom plastered up on the sign. I squealed and made Sam pull over for a picture.

I didn't take this picture -  I just pulled it from the venue website, but here's the chapel. Sam was impressed with the architecture.

Everything about the wedding was thoughtful and lovely. Maybe the best part was that I got to catch up with some folks that we worked with at the shelter at the reception. They egged Sam into switching the apple pie at our table with the pecan pie at the next table over (don't worry, it was early - no one saw us) and I should have packed it up and taken the leftovers home. The second best part was the food :)

We were terrible and that’s the extent of the photos. I did snag this one from the photographer (here's a link to Ben Nickelson Photography and another link to the Facebook album). Courtney and Eric, thanks so much for including us in your special day. (And thanks to Sam's folks for keeping the kids so we could go!)



No comments:

Post a Comment