Sunday, January 4, 2015

St Louis Mini Trip

I got to meet up with some friends from college in St. Louis on Saturday, and we went to eat at Fitz's because it's kid-friendly (also delicious). They were bottling the rootbeer and you can watch, so it was hard to keep the kids in their seats. I'm sharing this photograph even though it's blurry.


Amelie said, "What is that delicious smell? *sniff sniff* What IS it? It smells delicious!" (and it did). When Emy asked her what the rootbeer tasted like she said, "I don't know. You can taste it." It must be pretty hard to describe.


Then we went to the zoo. It wasn't too cold (43, I think?) but it was overcast and gloomy, so I was able to score free parking and there were very few other people there. We spent a long time in sea lion sound, and one of the sea lions was playing with the kids, tracking a mitten they were tossing around. James called another one a dog, and I corrected him and said it was a sea lion, and the zookeeper corrected me and said it was a seal (apparently two seals live there, too). Ha!

The elephants and big cats were out even though it was cold, and then we spent a long time in the monkey house and the reptile house, which the kids like to do anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment