Sunday, January 8, 2017

Amelie Says / James Says

It's been a while since I published one of these posts! I'm not really good at writing the cute things down that the kids can say - and then if I don't write it down, I forget it right away. Here are some saved up over the last several months.

We went to Fazoli's the other night and as we were pulling into the parking lot, James asked: "Are we going to the around and around? Or inside?" meaning the drive-through, of course. (We went inside.)

Amelie to Sam: "We're ready for anything! We're sharks!"

I wrapped something in a cardboard cylinder of oats again this year and got another "Wow! Oats!" from James. If he were older, I'd think he was pulling my leg.

This morning we had pumpkin oats for the first time in a while. Apparently James was somewhat suspicious because after a few bites he said, "These are gooder than I thought."

Overheard while they were playing in the other room: "Am I they bad guy?"

Dinnertime wisdom:
James said, "If you get to the core of an apple, you have to stop eating."
I said, "If you give a horse an apple, it can eat the whole thing, core and all."
James said, "Well, if you give a Squirtle a pokepuff, it just throws it in its mouth."I just take his word for it on anything pokemon-related.


Sam: [something, something] in a second
Amelie: I know what you mean when you say 'in a second'! You mean TWO MINUTES.

More dinnertime wisdom from James: I'm really into chicken.

In the car, James asked me who was playing on the radio. I didn't know, and he said, "If DADA was in the car, HE could tell me."

Also, since we watched the new Disney movie Moana twice, they both just randomly belt out song lyrics, and then sometimes I hear a yell of, "I am MOANA" from the bedroom.







No comments:

Post a Comment