Saturday, May 30, 2015

Grandpa Bob

My Grandpa Bob passed away last week. The kids and I have been down in the bootheel since Sunday, and Sam joined us later for the funeral in Kennett and the burial service in Tennessee.

This is the picture the funeral home had up on their sign from when he bought the Harley in January. Grandpa had gone for a ride with Uncle Jeff  just a few days before he died. Linda Bristow did a wonderful job at the service telling about his life and the friendship between their two families.
Robert Keith Paddock
January 25, 1938 - May 23, 2015


In Tennessee, I took a few photos of James standing with my dad's marker. It would have been neat if James had waited 4 more days to have a September 19th birthday as well, but September 15th is still pretty close.


Someone - maybe Betty or Cindy - was telling me about how my dad would take a blanket and sleep on the floor of the linen closet at the end of the hall at the house in Malden when he was a little kid, and that made me smile because Amelie went through a phase when she liked to drag her bedding into her small closet and sleep there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment