Sunday, September 22, 2024

Jim Birthday Interview

Tween Birthday Interview

James is (probably!) now going by Jim. He turned 12! Now he can ride in the front seat of the car! It wasn't as glorious as he was expecting, though. For his birthday meals, he chose Taco Bell breakfast, Chinese takeout lunch, and to go out to eat at Love Sushi for supper. 


He and Sam and I had sushi rolls - and Sam got a flaming one. The girls had teriyaki chicken, and James tried a Ramune, which I'd never hear of & according to google is "a Japanese carbonated soft drink that comes in a distinctive Codd-neck bottle sealed with a marble instead of a cap." 

He asked for several small musical instruments (only one of which is already broken): an ocarina, a stylophone, a melodica, a good kazoo, a den den diako, a guiro, a lyre harp. He'd like to have a sleepover with a few boys from school but scheduling is vexing. He was somewhat cooperative with the annual birthday interview: 

  1. How old are you? 11. No really. 11. 13. Did you just write 12? You better not have written 12. 
  2. What is your favorite color? Green
  3. What's your favorite possession? The stylophone 
  4. What is your favorite game? Monopoly 
  5. What is your favorite song? I don't know. What is one of your favorite songs? No. Do you have a favorite band? Yes. Who is it?  I like the band AJJ. Who did you go see in Concert Last night? Mother Mother. We could not see at all. Every single person over 6 feet tall was in the front row. I needed booster shoes things. 
  6. Do you  have a favorite animal? An armadillo lizard. Do you agree that it is quite cute? 


  7. What is your favorite book? Phoebe and Her Unicorn
  8. What is your favorite movie? Scott Pilgrim 
  9. What is your favorite TV show? The Office 
  10. What is your favorite thing to eat? Spring Rolls
  11. Where is your favorite place to go? My mom will never take me, but Hong Kong Market
  12. Who is your best friend? I don't think I have a best friend. Who are some of your good friends? Grover, Jamarion, Donovan and Orion and stuff.
  13. What is something you learned last year?  How to multiply and do lattice and be smarter than my mom because she doesn't know lattice.


  14. What is something you'll learn now that you're 12 (or this year in 6th grade)? Trombone
  15. What is your favorite subject at school? Theatrical Production 
  16. Who is your favorite teacher this year? Ms. Cara That's her first name! Ms. Carter. That's my drama club teacher.
  17. What is something that is hard for you to do?  Talk to mom because she's so difficult all the time. Gosh. 
  18. What is your favorite thing to do? Not talk to mom. And go to Hong Kong Market. And make crab rangoons. Can we make crab rangoons for lunch? 
  19. What is your favorite thing to do with friends? Go to Hong Kong Market
  20. What do you like about Me (Mom)? Thank you for in the future for taking me to Hong Kong Market. 
  21. What do you like about Dad? He does not sit on me, or scream. I appreciate that every day when I wake up. That he does not sit on me. 
  22. What do you like about Amelie? She is very nerdy. Is that something nice? YES IT IS. It is quite nice. We share common interests but we both team up on the parents. 
  23. What do you like about Leah? She stands her ground. She's always willing to do group Halloween costumes. 
  24. What do you like about yourself? I can convince the parents to go to Hong Kong Market. We can find all the ingredients to make crab rangoons there, and Ramune. You haven't even had Ramune! 
  25. What do you want to be when you grow up? I have different jobs that I want. Like what? So I want to work at Hong Kong Market, but I'll probably work at Jimmy Johns when I am 16. All of my friends are going to work one fast food place. All of my bandmates are going to have an apartment together and we'll quit Jimmy Johns when we get famous. What about when you are grown up? An accountant. 

No comments:

Post a Comment