Sunday, March 4, 2018

James Says (plus Leah & Amelie)

When discussing with Sam what types of jobs one can have as a grown up, "I just want to be a regular person." Meaning not have a job! Ha!

After losing the trinket he'd gotten earlier that day in a Kinder Egg, "This is the worst day of my life." 

He just walked up to me and said, "Beep. You have two million messages." Then he walked up to Leah and said, "Beep. You have one message."

"I'm putting my My Little Ponies in jail." (And then he proceeds to build a construction with a stool, a kid-sized chair, and some picture books to contain the My Little Ponies.)

James is big into jokes and insults in a way that Amelie was not. He called me a "Poop sandwich" this AM, which was the funniest thing ever.

He calls Leah his "precious baby" which is very sweet, until he gets mad and says that she's "a stupid baby" (almost always immediately followed by him changing his mind and saying that she's really "a sweet baby").

Leah's not really saying anything yet - maybe just "Hi" and "Dada." I think "Dada" definitely does mean Sam, but she also just babbles it a lot at other random times. We haven't signed with her the way we did with Amelie and James, though maybe we'll be more intentional about it now that she's almost a year!

Here's a typical exchange:

Me: Leah, say "mama"
Leah: Dada
Me: Mama
Leah: Dada!
Me: Mama
Leah: Dada!!!!

This led to Amelie saying that "Obviously, she likes Dada more than you." 

Amelie's been sick all weekend and moping about. She told our friend Kade, just completely deadpan, that the blue-gray paint in the living room "didn't go with the rest of the house." I let her know that when she was a grown-up, she could paint her house the colors that she liked. Ha!

We were saying that Amelie couldn't go to church because she was sick, and James yells from the other room, "DO I HAVE TO GO??" He's been doing this thing where he'll complain about whatever activity, even if he obviously is enjoying himself while we're there. In regard to a birthday party, "DO I HAVE TO GO? I'm not going to eat any cake. UNLESS YOU MAKE ME." 

No comments:

Post a Comment