Thursday, June 27, 2013

Amelie Says

At our yardsale, Ezra was having a hard time waiting on something so Amelie told him to "Be patient!"

Amelie stuck her bear inside her shirt and brought him inside, telling me, "The roof of my shirt will protect him!"

Sam asked Amelie what time it was when the short hand of the clock pointed to the 8 and she said, "Eight o'clock." Then she paused and asked him, "What about when it's on the one-two?"

"Does Dolly Parton love me?" (Because Amelie and James each get a book a month in the mail through the Dolly Parton Imagination Library.)

Amelie narrates what she's doing almost constantly, and she babies her stuffed animals. Tonight on the deck, she brought out one of James's diapers for her stuffed bear and said, "I'm going to give him a new diaper and wrap him in the swaddle waddle and put him right to bed." Then she asked me and Sam to smell the bear's butt.

At the park the other day, she stopped halfway down the slide and said, "I can't go another inch."

Here are two from the car: I told Amelie that we were going to turn to go Weight Watchers and from the backseat she replied, "Okay. If you say so." On the way to Hy-Vee, Sam and Amelie were stopped at a red light so she said, "Your light is green. You can go."

I asked her to be nice today and she said, "No. You be nice."

No comments:

Post a Comment