I had to wake him about 20 minutes in to his afternoon nap for the appointment, but he was a very good sport -- probably because there were no shots. James was also more amenable to being photographed than Amelie was.
Here are those vital statistics!
Length: 27 inches - 11th percentile
Weight: 19 pounds, 5 ounces - 30th percentile
Head Circumference: 46 centimeters - 70th percentile
It looks like he's pretty much following the same curve from his last visit. This is the chart I use to calculate the percentiles.
New developments since his 6-month appointment:
- Babbling many more syllables
- Sitting very well
- Scooting himself around in a circle on his butt (slooooowly)
- Eating many more foods and feeding himself
- Using a pincer grasp
- Has a better sense of humor
- Recognizing and responding to his name and the words Mama, Dada, Sister, Amelie, Schroeder, and possibly binky
- Enjoys drinking water from a sippy cup and an open cup