Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Ultrasounds

The new Baby Buffaloe hasn't had many blog posts, but we got some big news yesterday!

First, here is the very early, very blobby ultrasound picture we had done way back in February. The baby's about an inch long at this point:

Here is the ultrasound we just had done yesterday(I'm about 4 months along):
And ... drumroll please ... It's a boy!

I think the 3-D imaging is a little bit strange, but they did a couple of these, too. You can see a profile of a face and nose. Look how chubby his right arm is.

The ultrasound technician said that he weighed over a pound and is currently in an incomplete breech position, but still has all kinds of time and space to move head-down in the next 20 weeks.

I told my friend Shauna on the phone yesterday that I thought we'd have a boy, and I told Sam in the elevator on the way to the appointment. I've got a pretty good track record in guessing -- 2 for 2!


3 comments:

  1. isn't a pound 16 oz?

    But he's adorable. Clearly he will be as cute as Amelie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahahaa! Yes it is -- and now I don't remember what she said! I'm fairly certain that she said a pound was average for 20 weeks, and he's in the 80th percentile ... and that was over a pound ... but now I don't remember how many ounces! I'll edit it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's actually funny we had this little conversation because I was buying cheese and the deli man tried to convince me a pound is 12 oz. I was like, I think I just tried to figure this out.

    ReplyDelete