Saturday, June 25, 2022

Camp Wakonda

Amelie just got back from her first week at sleepaway camp! Here's her cabin - Eagle's Nest - on the last day: 

 

The camp posted LOTS of photos to their facebook page, and I stalked through them each night looking for Amelie.


She looks hot! 

One of her clinics was "outdoor cooking." I think they mostly made desserts, though. 


And then this one is a little bit like where's Waldo, but I spotted her: 

Between me, Sam, Nana Jana, Grandma Mary, & Papaw, we sent several letters and emails - they printed out the emails to give to them each day. One of my physical letters didn't make it there in time, so we'll see how long it takes to make it back to us return-to-sender. 

Here's what Amelie wrote to us: 

To Dad and Mom

My first day and a half have been fine. I think I can remember and know my cabin mates (Zoe is now writing this for me) My camp had a very action packed day. We got 2nd place in the blue rock hunt. It's been hard for me to get all my stuff when we go places. I went swimming three times today! My clinics were high ropes, swimming, and outdoor cooking. You might receive this after I get home. But I'm still going to write :) I miss you even if you (??) my sleeping meds and didn't give them to me for camp. I have been able to sleep thankfully. About my cabin mates, our counselor charity is very competitive. Zoe is energetic and a new friend. Zohan is friendly and the best burper. I get along with the rest of my cabin. Tonight we had a really big surprise, I saw a copperhead. Thankfully I didn't die. The camp directors killed it. Tomorrow we're going to sleep at the hammock village outside. Overall I am enjoying camp 

And then here are the photos Sam took. They ate in Buffalo, MO but didn't take a picture by the sign. 

He did take a picture of the camp sign, however. 

Drop off at the cabin: 

And pick up: 

She had a good time! James will go in a couple of weeks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment