Saturday, June 18, 2022

Apiary Class


I signed Amelie up for beekeeping class on Wednesday  with the Columbia STEM alliance - they put out mini courses in the summer. Last year, she’d done the stream testing and clean up at Flat Branch Park and James has done the stop-motion lifecycle of a butterfly, both big hits. 

I was afraid it would be too hot to have fun, but it really wasn’t that bad in the morning, in the shade, out in the country. They had a great time and weren’t even too sweaty. I was comfortable reading my book for 3 hours. 

I’d last-minute (after the kids had gone to bed the night before) signed James up even though it was suggested for grades 6-8 since he was home from summer school. The teacher said it was OK and then another kid from his class was there, too.

They made beeswax candles, too. James is the one who ran over to get me so that I could see him all fixed up in his suit:




They made the Trib! 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment