Sunday, January 30, 2022

Earring

James has been asking for a long time to get his ear pierced. Finally I said yes, but the tattoo places had months-long waitlists and/or more stringent ID requirements than the US passport office. I didn’t really want to give the teenaged workers at Claire’s $60 so with the encouragement of my friend Amanda, I ordered a kit online ($10 for 2 disposable guns) and we just went for it in the kitchen. Sam had to leave the room so there’s no video, but it was quick and painless. Hardest part was pulling the trigger.


It was a little red right after, but he’d also been playing outside in the freezing cold.

I’d forgotten how long it takes to heal up. He requested some peace sign earrings for when he can finally change them in 6 weeks.










No comments:

Post a Comment