Thursday, September 16, 2021

Birthday Interview: James is 9!

James turned 9 yesterday! He had to be prodded into doing the birthday interview with me today after school, but he did all of it in one sitting, which is a little bit of an improvement. 

For his birthday meals yesterday (he got a second set! since we did his birthday party on Saturday and he picked the meals for that day, too). Breakfast: sausage links and pancakes. School treat: Oreos (except we left these at home, so he was supposed to do them today - but he says they didn't have time in class, so he passed them out on the bus & took one over to our across the street neighbor Anne) Dinner: Shakespeare's pizza (spinach & artichoke & pepperoni.) 

His teacher sent me this photo: 



  1. How old are you? 9
  2. What is your favorite color? Teal
  3. What is your favorite toy? Hmm, let me think about this. A pop-it. What is that? It helps you deal with stress, you can pop it. Who has a pop-it? Do we have one? Everybody at my school.
  4. What is your favorite game? Smash Bros.  
  5. What is your favorite song? Record Player by AJR
  6. What is your favorite animal? Fox
  7. What is your favorite book?  Hilo
  8. What is your favorite movie? (long pause) I really liked Harry Potter 7. I'm gonna go with Harry Potter 7
  9. What is your favorite TV show? Adventure Time
  10. What is your favorite thing to eat? (long pause) I don't know. 
  11. Where is your favorite place to go? The ocean 
  12. Who is your best friend? Leah
  13. What is something you learned last year? Nothing. Nothing at all? You didn't learn anything the whole time you were 8? Not really. Wait. Air goes through you as oxygen, comes out carbon dioxide. 
  14. What is something you'll learn now that you're 9? Cursive!
  15. What is your favorite part of school? Cursive. Really? Probably. I mean at the moment, yes. Better than PE? No. PE's the best. 
  16. What is hard for you to do? Nothing. Eat an entire pizza. 
  17. What is your favorite thing to do? Swim
  18. What do you like about Me (Mama)? I can cuddle you.
  19. What do you like about Dad? I don't know. IDK. Has a beard. 
  20. What do you like about Amelie? Nothing. (look from me) I can't lie!! 
  21. What do you like about Leah?  Everything. Except she crawls on me, yells at me, jumps on me.
  22. What do you like about yourself? Everything. Specifically? (Maniacal laughter) I'm very smart. 
  23. What do you want to be when you grow up? Inventor. What kind of inventor? A scientist. What do you want to invent? Nothing!


No comments:

Post a Comment