Monday, August 9, 2021

Pinnacles Youth Park

We've been in Columbia since 2008 and I didn't really know about the Pinnacles til this year - for sure we could have gone last year during our pandemic summer #1. It's a private park, but that just means that it's not inside the state parks system (and therefore has no park ranger) like you might expect. Anyway, it's really cool!

I believe Amelie took these photos: 



I like this shady place: 




Leah's got some zinc sunscreen that is colored green on her face. I said she looked like the Hulk. 


We went a different day with my friend Shauna and her bunch of kids, and she was good about doing photos! This is the spot where you cross over the creek to get to the trail up to the pinnacles & to the swimming hole, but we didn't hike with the big bunch. 
 

The kids call this "river surfing," like "body surfing," I guess, just in the creek. James had A BLAST. 




Obviously I am telling a very engrossing story here.

The kids like this place, right as you enter the park, due to the "river surfing" and the large flat rocks at the bottom -- but the rocks can be slippery!


And then these last pictures are from a different day the kids and I went with Sam. I can tell because he got one of this interesting twisted tree. 





You can see I have one outfit for playing at the creek: 

It's not a large park, but there are some very cool rock formations and loads and loads of places to explore and pitch rocks into the creek. 


No comments:

Post a Comment