Monday, July 19, 2021

Horse Camp


Amelie and James just finished up a week of horse camp at Sunny Oak Farm. I was trying to figure out what they could do this summer, and decided that it was relatively easy to stay 6 feet away outdoors on a horse. We snagged the last 2 spots in this camp after the place Amelie had her birthday party was all full for the summer. Also, all the campers were sibling groups, which I thought was neat. Here's Amelie and James and Rosie, the owner, in the background.

James on the last day/horse show for parents:

 Leah was not nearly as into the last-day horse show as she was running up and down the ramp, so she and I took a break and wandered over to another part of the property. I liked that this bench had horses on it. James joined us after his group was done and took this picture:


Amelie and Pepto.

James and Pokey:


They sent a whole envelope full of photos home, which I thought was nice & I especially liked this one since Amelie and James are both in it.

Amelie learned many horse facts and would like to go back next year. James said his favorite part was swimming. I liked that they had kids who'd attended camp for the last several years come back and be helpers.

 More photos from the last day/horse show:


They also brought home this darling craft project. They worked on it quite a while! Their first day home, they told me that they'd cleaned horseshoes for arts and crafts. When I picked them up the second day, I saw that they'd spray painted the aforementioned horseshoes, and then I guess they glued the pictures in and strung them up with ribbon. Now we just need to decide on where to hang them for good luck.


No comments:

Post a Comment