Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Belated End of Year Projects Post

I never made a post about the kids' end-of-year projects. Then I ran across James's teacher's Twitter feed the other day and it reminded me of it. I'm not on Twitter & didn't realize she had one, I don't think. (I might have to make another post of pictures of James from school last semester.) 

It's a Ridgeway tradition to make t-shirts with the pictures the kids draw of their research animals. James is on the far left: 

Here's the cover of his report: 


And one of the pages: 

"Oh Baby
Blobfish lay 2,000 eggs at a time, sometimes 100,000! Blob fish give birth once. Sad warning. There are only 420 Blobfish left because only 1-2 survive." 



Sam made a video of James giving his presentation. 





Amelie's end-of-year project was on the Hacker Trail. She's originally picked the Cahokia mounds, but found out later that it had to be something they'd studied during the year, which Sam kept griping was not very "individually guided education" of them. 

After much procrastination, she made a diorama of a wagon train. Leah kept playing with the pieces. The wagons are toothpaste boxes, toilet paper rolls, felt, and toothpicks. 


And she made a display with a map, facts, and photos/drawings: 

 I was able to watch her presentation from work while on a break. 





No comments:

Post a Comment