Monday, June 28, 2021

Playground & School Friends

I took the kids out to the playground one day last week before all the rain. Stephen's Lake is the only nice shady playground in Columbia that I can think of. I'm on the lookout for other free outdoor places to go. When we got there, one of the City of Columbia's camps was using it, and it turns out several of Amelie's friends are enrolled in the day camp. 

Leah climbed on the rocks: 





She scraped her knee (on different rocks!) and I rinsed it off with our water bottle and then borrowed a band-aid from one of the teenage camp counselors. She didn't cry, though - one of the other kids said to me, "Your baby is tough." 

You can see here that she's just inserted herself in the friend group. 

I was eventually finally able to pry them away and we swam and splashed some down by the beach area and splash pad. It was awfully, awfully hot, though. 


No comments:

Post a Comment