Friday, April 23, 2021

Easter

I almost forgot to post about Easter!

The weather was nice! The kids did an egg hunt in our front yard in the morning.


When we got up, Sam was trying to get the kids outside & said, "I think I saw a bunny outside this morning. I think maybe it woke Spark up. Maybe it was a SPECIAL bunny," and James said, "Oh!  Oh! I know!" (pause) "It was NANA JANA!!" 



They only found 23 of the 24 eggs, though - the last one turned up several days later & must have blown to a new location in the wind. It still had a single tootsie roll in it, which Leah snapped up right away. 


Here they are with their loot, round 1. 

I bought matching dresses again. I'm going to run with this as long as the girls are interested! 



We went out to Sam's folks for a big egg hunt over their large yard out in the country with their 2 cousins, which the kids were so disappointed about missing out on last year. All adults were vaccinated this year by Easter, though! I just love this picture of Amelie and Ellie. 

James was serious about the hunt: 



Though perhaps not as outwardly enthusiastic, Amelie came away with the largest haul. I'm fairly certain she still has some candy stashed away.  


Look how red his poor face is! I did have them put on sunscreen! I think he's just hot, or maybe something weird with the photo quality. James with his loot, take 2: 

We dyed eggs later. Leah put the stickers on, and Amelie did the two-tone/stripes. 

Sam purchased a coordinating Easter mask for himself: 

Here's the link to last year

No comments:

Post a Comment