Friday, January 29, 2021

Gingerbread House and Ninjabread Men

 My coworker who lives down the road asked if we'd like a gingerbread kit that she'd bought when her college-aged kids were home but they hadn't gotten around to building and I said and enthusiastic yes! She dropped it off and then we had another fun winter break activity. 

She also brought a Ninja Bread kit, which was fun, especially since we have this book:


And we'll get to keep the ninja cookie cutters for future use. 


I was telling my other friend that never in the history of winter break had I felt like the kids didn't get a long enough time at home before it was time to go back to school, but we could have used another several days this year - just more evidence that COVID has made everything all weird. 


The kids subscribe to the more-is-more philosophy. 

Biiiig bite: 


Amelie being very precise:


They all liked using the pastry bag: 

When he first saw the box, James said, "I really like the Haribo Company. They make the best gelatin snacks." 


Here's the house: 


They got to eat the ninjabread right away but we saved the house as a centerpiece until Christmas Eve. 


No comments:

Post a Comment