Saturday, October 24, 2020

First Day of School (Remote)

 The kids had their first day of school on September 8th - it was delayed two weeks to give the teachers time to plan since we had to start virtually. I was glad that they started on a Tuesday so I'd be home to facilitate. 

These are all photos from 7:50am on Monday the 8th - right before their first zoom lessons at 8:00am. 

Amelie with her iPad - she's in 5th grade with Ms. Williams - her last year at Ridgeway and her last year in elementary school. 


And James with his iPad. He's moved up to Unit B and is in second grade with Ms. Sirna. 

It wouldn't be the first day without a picture of them on the big rock. 

I took just a couple of pictures of them working throughout the day. Amelie worked at her desk for the first day. She did a great job of keeping track of her schedule and working independently. 


Leah was interested in the goings-on. 

James worked at the kitchen table. He was not as independent as I'd hoped, but it was interesting to listen in on the lessons. 


I think they all drew pictures according to the teacher's directions (coming from the class's input) and then showed what they came up with). 

There was a lot of getting-to-know-you, but I could already tell it was going to be more rigorous than the end of the year last year. It was nice being able to go outside several times throughout the day for recess. I made the big kids ride their bikes around the block, but I let them out of chores. 

No comments:

Post a Comment