Thursday, October 1, 2026

Letters from Camp (from last summer)

When I was (finally) doing the post for Leah's camp this summer, I found a draft I never published from last summer about the letters the kids sent home.  

Time machine to 2025! ~~~~~~

Jim did 6 weeks of sleepaway camp this summer - 2 weeks at the aforementioned Camp Pillsbury, 3 weeks at Swift Nature Camp, and then one week at Camp Wakonda with Leah. It was Leah's first year at sleepaway camp and she was so, so excited and ready for it. 


Here is the letter we got from Leah - it came with 49 cents postage due because she bought me a llama necklace at the canteen and mailed it to me because I like Llamas! I also always put in a joke when I sent them a letter!

To: Mom and Dad
Camp is great. The kids are nice and the food is good (not as good as yours!) I see Jim at meals and clubs. Everyone loves K Pop Demon Hunters. 
Joke
Q: What is a wizard's favorite subject? 
A: Spelling
[Drawing of a wizard & giraffe] 
From: Leah

Here  is an excerpt from one of Jim's letters (he sent 2 letters to me & Sam for the combined 6 weeks he was away at camp! I think he sent Nana Jana a few more) But his letters were GREAT! I love them! 


No comments:

Post a Comment