Sunday, December 26, 2021

Merry Christmas!

 Merry day after Christmas!

We were able to have candlelight service at church on Christmas Eve, which was so nice. Last year we lit candles at home and watched on zoom. Leah was a tiny bit wound up. On our way outside to sing Silent Night, our friend Megan said, "That Leah is sassy!" and then, "I saw her rip your scarf off & throw it on the ground!" We sat in the back & she spent a fair amount of the time looking out the window and lying under the chair and playing with my scarf, which I guess she was offended that I picked up off the ground & put back on. 

After church, we drove over to the Magic Tree, where Leah was fascinated by the lights and Amelie and James wanted to play in the water fountain. 






We opened presents with Sam's folks Christmas Eve lunch and the kids got winter gear & books & art supplies. All set: 


Here's us opening presents at our house Christmas morning - still no furniture in the front room, though!

James was a little bit excited: 

Amelie got a dragon blanket & Sam wanted to take a picture. 

"With your face in it," he clarified. 

Leah's favorite present was a giant hatchimal from Nana Jana. Last night, James worriedly asked if we'd gotten her a hatchimal & was not mollified when I said no but maybe Nana Jana had. 

Unicorn horn & hand-me-down PJ's. 

Aunt Holly got her a library like the one she likes so well in the bootheel. 

The aftermath - it looks like a tornado came through. I forgot to get Spark a present, but then we took a hike since the weather was so nice & I think he was happy with that. 

The 10 year old neighbor got a drone - I know this because I saw it fly through the yard & then shortly thereafter I saw him hop the fence and follow it. I guess it got away from him & is lost! UPDATE: It was found 1 street over.

Sam recorded another Christmas carol video, too -- the first one in the new house. 


Here's his video-recording setup in the basement: 

I think they initially left us off the Williams family bingo/Christmas zoom, and I got a bunch of calls and texts right when we were making dinner & slime, but we hopped on & James & Sam & I all won a game. I don't think anybody got a screenshot this year, though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment