Friday, November 6, 2020

Halloween, Continued

I think this is my third Halloween at the library, but the first time I actually had to work - I'd taken off when I was scheduled my usual 5pm-9pm shift, but since the holiday fell on a Saturday this year I was working during the day. Here's my costume:


James didn't seem too invested in his costume, and we weren't able to go look around at the shop for inspiration. He looks a little like Dash from the Incredibles (actually a little like Mr. Incredible while we're at it) and said he'd rather get this one than the similarly cheap Venom suit I found on Facebook. Later in the night, a kid yelled out 'Hey Dash!' and then they raced for a bit. 


Amelie was very invested in her costume, which, as per usual, is a relatively obscure reference. She's a Nicheling, which is an animal from a video game called "Niche." This one's a fox. 

Here's a screen shot of the game for reference: 

Leah started out wanting to be "Tigger the tiger," then changed her mind a few times along the way, then landed back on Tigger. She just dug through the costume box to make her decision. 


One of the runners-up: Mario Alligator Spiderman.

Waiting on it to get dark outside: 


Our friends came over and walked around the big loop with us: 

I passed out candy while Leah went around the block with Sam. I would guess maybe 100 kids came through in all. One of my bee antennae broke! Emo bee. 

Here's Sam chucking candy down the chute to some early arrivals. Only about a third of the kids caught the candy at the bottom! ha!


This is one of our neighbors with a candy chute - there were 4 on our block and then quite a few folks sat out buckets. I'd say about the same number of kids came through trick-or-treating as usual but there were fewer houses passing out candy. 

Rebecca had another chute (not pictured!) she always gives out full-sized candy bars - even to the adults. 

How it ended: 

The loot: 





No comments:

Post a Comment