Monday, December 11, 2017

The Nutcracker

Holly and I took the big kids to see The Nutcracker Suite at Jesse Hall on Monday. I'd taken Amelie when she was 5 and it was magical, and they both have an inordinate love of expressive dance, so I thought James would have a good time, too.

My first clue that he might not was that he didn't want to wear fancy clothes or have his picture made.



Waiting on the show to start:



In retrospect, James was getting sick and the show was too long and late for an under-the-weather kiddo. I'm afraid he spoiled some of Holly's good time, too, and of course we were trapped in the middle of the row. When I took Amelie, I was very careful to get an aisle seat in case we had to leave, but she had no problem and I didn't think either of them would need to make an early exit. Of course, when we got home and were talking about it later, he said he liked the show and wanted to go again next year (NOPE).

I tried to wake this one up -- I thought she might be mad about missing parts! -- but she slept soundly through the  last 20 minutes, thunderous applause, and the house lights coming up. We didn't get home until 10:00pm. Scandalous!


No comments:

Post a Comment