Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Amelie Says / James Says

Upon overhearing me tell Sam that she'd outgrown a (size 4T!) dress, "Am I really a grown-up?"

Amelie persuaded me to play tag, but then she wasn't happy that I kept getting away before she could tag me, so she yelled, "SLOW DOWN!"

Amelie: "I saw the truck that turns things into things that are new." Me: "You mean the recycling truck?"

It was getting close to bedtime, so I said we needed to start settling down, and Amelie said, "We are louding up."

Playing with Sam, "I am faster than you are," then "You are faster than I am ...We are faster than each other!"

"I am the teacher and it's not time to play yet." 

James said his first three-word sentence on Tuesday: "Baby eat book!" He meant that the baby in the picture book was eating a book with her teeth, so a little bit strange, but still pretty neat. Language acquisition is bar none my favorite part of toddlerdom.

And I'm pretty sure he said his second three-word sentence on Monday: "Dada go work." 

No comments:

Post a Comment