Thursday, May 15, 2014

Amelie Says / James Says

James got up on the couch and sat next to me when I came home from work last night. I asked if he'd had a good day, and he replied, "No." 

Finally, he's started saying "Amelie," well, really "Ah-meeeeee." I'd predicted it would be his first word, but I guess I was off by a long shot.

When we were over at the kids' grandparents, James stuck his arm through the baby gate and loudly proclaimed, "I stuck. I STUCK" even though he easily put his arm in and could pull it back out. I'm pretty sure it was his first lie, which is a fairly significant linguistic milestone.

Amelie came in early in the morning and saw the Kindle on the nightstand and asked accusingly, "Did James get out the Kindle?" and I said No, that I'd been looking at it before bed last night, and then she said, "Does DADA KNOW?" because if she asks for it close to bedtime he tells her it's bad to look at before sleep.

I told her she was too big to do something (I forget now exactly what it was) and she said, "No. I'm THREE big." 
We were listening to the pop station in the car (for about 5 minutes) when 1 Direction came on, and Amelie yelled from the backseat, "Make the music go louder!" 


Amelie came in just now pointing to her leg and saying, "This leg ... this leg ... this leg is bent." I asked what was wrong and she pointed at it again, bent her knee up to me, and proclaimed, "This leg is CROOKED." 








No comments:

Post a Comment