We had his 18-month doctor's appointment a little bit ago.
Vital statistics (percentiles calculated with this chart):
Height: 31 inches (15th percentile)
Weight: 23.6 pounds (20th percentile)
Head Circumference: 48 centimeters (58th percentile)
Sam and I sat down to make a list of words that James could say before his appointment, and we had to keep adding to it throughout the week. I guess that means James is starting his big language leap already after a long period of just having a handful of words. He's making some two-word sentences, like "I stuck!" and "Dada, sit!"
Here's a list of the body parts he knows:
- Belly Button
- Running everywhere (it's especially fun to run away from Mama)
- Trying to jump
- Copying everything Amelie does
- Looking through books
- Throwing things
- Dragging his baby doll everywhere
- Directing where everyone should sit
- Pretending to eat and pretending to feed us
- Singing (he tries to sing the alphabet with us and says "Whinny Pooh Whinny Pooh" whenever Amelie sings the song)
- Absolutely insisting upon using a fork and spoon (I may or may not have put a bite-size piece of pizza on a spoon the other day.)
I took pictures, but they're stuck on the camera. I'll update when I can get them off.