Thursday, January 19, 2012

Update

Update
I just went on Amazon.com, and found that a replacement camera cord is only $4, so I’ve finally ordered a new one. (I know that means that sometime tomorrow or the next day I’m surely going to find ours stuffed somewhere in a cabinet or hamper by Amelie.)

In the meantime, I thought the BabyBuffaloe blog readers were due for a written update at least.

Amelie knows a bunch of different body parts. She likes to point them out on herself, her doll, Mickey Mouse, her bear, her baby, the dog, and us. She knows:
• Eye
• Mouth
• Ear
• Hair
• Belly Button
• Nose
• Chin
• Chest
• Knee
• Foot
• Hand
• Butt
• Fingers (this is the one we’re learning right now)

She’s also started potty training while she’s at home (she’s still in diapers at daycare for now). She’s gone dozens of times on the froggy potty and has recently started sitting on the big commode. Mostly, we’re learning to time it just right, but I think it’s still helping. She likes to make the finger motions for “Itsy Bitsy Spider” and sing the first part of “Row, Row, Row Your Boat” while we’re all hanging out in the bathroom.

In other news, I’m finishing up the second week of my semester, still teaching at MACC in Columbia during the day and at Columbia College in Jefferson City two nights a week. Amelie goes to daycare from 8:00am to 12:30 each day, and then either my sister or my friend Shauna watches her in the gap between when I have to leave those two evenings a week and when Sam gets home from work. Sam’s enjoying his job arguing appeals for the state department of revenue (drunk driving cases). He also has to commute, but he can ride with four other friends from law school.

Hopefully, there will be picture updates within the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment