Saturday, September 16, 2023

1st day of school

The kids had their first day of school! Awhile ago! I posted it on Facebook (or Sam did) and I guess I forgot to put them here. 


 Leah is in first grade with her same teacher from last year - who is wonderful! in Unit A. 


James is in fifth grade - his last year in elementary school - with his same wonderful teacher as well in Unit C. He has been experimenting with styling his hair, though he keeps calling the product "mouse." This particular look is mostly water, so it didn't look quite so slick once that evaporated. 

And Amelie is in eighth grade - her last year at middle school, so she and James won't overlap at all. 

On my morning walk while they were gone, I said to my neighbor who has a boatload of kids “happy first day of school!” and he responded “Surely you don’t mean that!” 😂
Spark (the dog) had a terrible first day with everyone out of the house starting right from when we all left first thing for pictures in the front yard. Amelie came back talkative, about a couple of bad kids in her English class among other things. The other two didn’t voluntarily offer up any details, but apparently James made a friend on the bus & thus didn’t complain about the excessive heat or new/lost driver when they finally got off at the stop 45 minutes late - I walked down there to wave the bus down - & Leah didn’t remember the names of the kids who sat at her table - there must have been a lot going on!
They were not quite as up-and-at-em the second day but still pretty positive. Toasty pains au chocolat for breakfast helped I’m sure.

Here's the link to last year - you can see Amelie's wearing the sweater I made because it was a little cool in the AM unlike this year when the whole first week of school they were in a heat advisory. Also, I forgot & put Leah in the same dress! Ha! http://babybuffaloe.blogspot.com/2022/08/first-day-of-school.html

No comments:

Post a Comment