Thursday, August 5, 2021

Toe Woes

I posted before about James losing his big toenail.

Well, Amelie might lose hers as well! She banged it in the doorway and it bled a great deal. We got her washed off and bandaged up, but then right before bedtime she just absolutely refused to let me look at it or clean it and re-bandage it. Some time after midnight, she came out into the living room in pain and unable to sleep, she was even slightly feverish and shivering some. I got her fixed up with Tylenol and she did get back to sleep on the couch. 

We went to urgent care when they opened on Saturday, where they did an x-ray: 


And we got an antibiotic. She was slightly offended that she got the liquid kind - they didn't ask - since now she can swallow a pill. 

Poor bug!

The doctor was skeptical that it could have gotten infected so quickly (to cause the fever and shivers less than a day later) but Amelie reminded me this is the same toe with the sliver of bark from the 4th of July, so the infection might have been from that injury. I took a picture of the actual toe (& showed it to Sam, but I'll spare the blog readers!) 



No comments:

Post a Comment