Friday, May 21, 2021

Amelie's Birthday Interview

 Birthday Interview

Amelie opened one gift this morning, and then wanted to take those bags of mini chips ahoy to her classmates for her birthday (a good thing, since they're only supposed to do prepackaged stuff this year anyway). 

4 leaf clover necklace from Ann across the street: 


We did the birthday interview when she got home from school & will have chicken chili (her choice) and a homemade ice cream cake for dessert. I'll post more later about the rest of the celebrations! We might need to change up the questions some next year, though I do like comparing one year to the next. 
  1. How old are you? 11
  2. What is your favorite color? Turquoise.
  3. What is your favorite toy? Um. What's your favorite things you have in your room? My iPad.
  4. What is your favorite game? Ummm. Either Mafia or Scatter Tag. What about favorite video game? That I have played? (Watching other people play games is still so strange to me!) ARK Aberration Expansion. 
  5. What is your favorite song? Hmmmm. Don't write down my stutters! Did you type that? Okay, I'll stop. Not sure. Songs from The Descendants. 
  6. What is your favorite animal? Do you still have a favorite animal? Gray Wolf. 
  7. What is your favorite book? (long pause) Wings of Fire: Dragonslayer
  8. What is your favorite movie? No favorite movie. 
  9. What is your favorite TV show? Maybe She-Ra.
  10. What is your favorite thing to eat? Panera broccoli cheddar soup. 
  11. Where is your favorite place to go? Grandma Mary's house. 
  12. Who is your best friend? It's kind of complicated. Juni is my favorite person in my class. And I'm really close friends with Hattie, but I haven't seen her in a long time. And then I want to be best friends with Kaitlin but she's in middle school. And I mean, Ellie's my cousin, but family doesn't really count as best friend. 
  13. What is something you learned last year in the 5th grade? That multiplying fractions is technically dividing them, and dividing fractions is technically multiplying. 
  14. What is something you'll learn now that you're 11 (or next year in middle school)? Maybe Algebra? I'm pretty sure that subject is introduced in Middle School. 
  15. What is your favorite part of school? Recess.
  16. Who is your favorite teacher of all time in Elementary School? Either Ms. Hanney or Ms. Malloy.
  17. What is hard for you to do? Spell correctly.
  18. What is your favorite thing to do? Read.
  19. What is your favorite thing to do with friends? Jump rope at recess. 
  20. What do you like about Me (Mom)? Well, you're my mom, and you're also very good at reading. 
  21. What do you like about Dad? That he is fair with what it takes to earn YouTube. 
  22. What do you like about James? That I can talk with him about Gravity Falls references. (I started laughing.) Like, this is off the top of my head. I mean, there are other things! 
  23. What do you like about Leah? She does not throw temper tantrums. 
  24. What do you like about yourself?  I'm a very fast reader and have a very big vocabulary. 
  25. What do you want to be when you grow up? I don't know. Flight attendant or farmer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment