Thursday, March 11, 2021

Leah's first birthday interview

 Birthday Interview: Leah is 4!

Leah turned 4 today! We celebrated her birthday yesterday, so we just went with that for kid purposes (because she's four) but today is the real deal :) I guess we didn't do one last year, so she'll start the interview tradition this year. James did his first when he was three and Amelie's first one was when she was four, too. The birthday interview has been going strong since 2014! 

I typed as she answered for the first half, and then I snuck them in just by asking while we were in the kitchen working for the second half. 

  1. How old are you? 4
  2. What is your favorite color? Orange
  3. What is your favorite toy? My Little Pony and Trumpo
  4. What is your favorite game? Orange Foot loves games. Hide and Seek.   
  5. What is your favorite song? It's a song that ... "Everything Is Awesome."
  6. What is your favorite animal? Um. Dog. Dogs are animals. 
  7. What is your favorite book? Um. Don't Let a Unicorn Get Spots. It's a book that I got at my birthday. 
  8. What is your favorite show or movie? Um. I don't have a favorite movie. What about thing to watch on TV? I kinda like Esme and Roy
  9. What is your favorite thing to eat? Meat. 
  10. Where is your favorite place to go? The dinosaur park.
  11. Who is your best friend? Um. Um. (Who's your favorite friend?) I don't think I have a favorite friend, but Orange Foot is a friend.  
  12. What is something you learned last year? I don't want to do the rest of the interview. Let's do the rest tomorrow. (Continued later.) I don't know. (Did you learn how to write an "L"?) I already knowed how to write an L. 
  13. What is something you'll learn now that you're 4? Um. Cooking. 
  14. What is hard for you to do? I don't know. 
  15. What is your favorite thing to do? Watching. (Anything else?) I like playing a lot. 
  16. What do you like about Me (Mama)? Good. (long pause) Sometimes you let me watch baby shows. (Is there anything else you like about Mama?) No. 
  17. What about Dada? What do you like about Dada? He lets me play games. (Anything else?) Sometimes he gives me snacks from the basement. (Sam's been working from home throughout the pandemic, and he keeps a stash of snacks in his office set-up in the basement. Leah will wander down there at least once during the day and I think he shoos her off with some trail mix or a chocolate-covered almond.) 
  18. What do you like about Amelie? I don't like Amelie. Not even a little bit? Sometimes she fights us. Sometimes she fights you?!?! Yes. 
  19. What do you like about James? I don't know ... We always draw together. 
  20. What do you like about yourself? Um. I always ask to watch videos in Spanish. 
  21. What do you want to be when you grow up? Maybe a big kid? You want to be a big kid when you grow up? Because I grow a little every day. (Awwwwwwww)
I looked back at James and Amelie's first interviews and there were some fun similarities and differences. All three kids put "Hide and Seek" as their favorite game. Also, when prompted, they all said that they didn't like anything about a sibling :P Deciding you were tired of the whole interview thing about halfway through was a trend & another answer for that last question was being "a big kid grown up." 

No comments:

Post a Comment